Forms and Petitions for Graduate Education
- Graduate Program of Study Form (M.S.)
- Master’s Thesis Proposal Form: This form provides evidence of the student’s readiness to carry out the research for their thesis, and also clarifies the expectations of both the student and committee as to the final content of the thesis.
- Graduate Program of Study Form (Ph.D.)
- Evaluation of Advanced Standing of a Doctoral Student: This form is to be used to document completed, advanced coursework taken elsewhere that is applicable to a student’s current doctoral program.
- Ph.D. Qualifying Exam Petition Form: This form is designed to determine if the student is prepared to continue the Ph.D. studies and carry on the research. The details of the exam are determined and administered by the department and Parks policy. Normally, the Qualifying Exam is scheduled after two semesters.
- Ph.D. Qualifying Exam Results Form
- Ph.D. Qualifying Exam Conditional Pass Results
- Doctoral Oral Examination Form: For doctoral students, this form is to be used when scheduling the Oral Exam, otherwise known as the Proposal Defense. This form must be completed and turned into our office at least 2 weeks in advance. Parks students are expected to turn in their written proposal along with this form.
- Notification of Readiness for the Public Oral Presentation of the Ph.D. Dissertation: This form should be completed at least 2 weeks before the date of the public, oral presentation of the dissertation.
- Annual Student Review (Fillable PDF or Write-In PDF): This is the suggested Annual Student Review form for Parks Graduate Students to fulfill the university’s annual review requirement. Some departments may choose to use their own form.
- Change of Registration - This form is used for registration or to add and drop courses from your schedule after the initial registration has been processed.
- Petition to Amend the Graduate Program: This form is to be used to change your major field of study, change your degree sought within the same major, add or delete a minor field, etc. This form is not to be used to initiate advancement from Probationary to Classified status or if seeking doctoral admission in the major field upon completion of a Master’s degree in that field.
- Banner Self Service Instructions to Apply Online for Graduation
- Petition for Admission into a Doctoral Program: This form is to be used only by a recipient within the past three years of a Master’s Degree from Saint Louis University.
- Petition by an Undergraduate to Enroll in Graduate Coursework: This form is to be used only by Classified undergraduate Saint Louis University students.
- General Petition Form: This form is to be used if none of the above specific petitions apply to your request.
- Petition for Transfer of Credit: This form is to be used to transfer graduate coursework credits earned elsewhere as a non-degree or transient student.
- Petition for Graduate Off-Campus Enrollment
- Petition for Parental leave (.pdf or .docx)
Download and print the Process Flow Chart for the Graduate Education petitions and forms.
All forms are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Download Acrobat Reader Now
Please Note on the Interactive PDFs: When you click the link and download your form, in Acrobat Reader go to File»Save As, give the document a new name, then Save the newly named file on your computer. Open the PDF file in Acrobat Reader, fill out the fields on the forms, then again do a File»Save As and rename your completed file. Then print your completed file and send through campus mail for the proper authorizations and signatures. When that is completed, send the approved document.
ADDITIONAL GRADUATE RESOURCES
Assistantships & Financial Aid
Graduate Student Handbook
Graduate Program Catalog
All inquiries, questions and applications may be directed to our Graduate Programs Assistant at 314-977-8306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.