Alumni Merit Awards
The President and administrative officers of Saint Louis University established the Alumni Merit Award to bring to the attention of the community and the nation in a dignified and dramatic way the end-product of the University’s diverse, well-rounded educational program - namely her distinguished graduates.
Any deserving alumnus/a who exemplifies in his/her daily life the mission of Saint Louis University. These men and women shall have achieved outstanding success:
- in their civic leadership or social welfare activities; (include offices held in Civic, Fraternal, Political, Labor or Community Groups)
- or in their professional life
- or in their intellectual or cultural pursuits (list memberships in Learned or Cultural Societies, research, articles published, books written, etc.)
Note: Full-time faculty are not eligible for the Alumni Merit Award. However, full-time faculty who are at the point of retirement or have already retired are eligible.
Each college recognizes its graduates in a different manner, on their own timeline and has their own set of policies regarding nominations. For questions pertaining to the Alumni Merit Awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Award Recipients
To view a complete list of Oliver L. Parks & Institute of Technology Alumni Merit Award recipients, click here.
Any person may recommend an alumnus/alumna for the award. The nomination should contain a biographical sketch or profile of the person, together with the salient reasons why the nominee qualifies for this unique recognition.
- Download the Oliver L Parks Alumni Merit Award Nomination Form
- Download the Institute of Technology Merit Award Nomination Form
Method of Presenting Awards
The award will be presented during the Open House/Reunion Weekend, which is normally in the fall of the year, or at another suitable occasion as determined by the Parks College Alumni Association to achieve the purpose of the award. The recipient must be in attendance to accept the award at the time of presentation.