New Place. New Life. Best Decision Ever!

February 3, 2013
Posted by
Share This

By Cadet Courtney Lybarger

Last semester was my first in college and also ROTC. As a new cadet I wanted to do anything I could to better myself.  I began looking into organizations that are affiliated with ROTC at Detachment 207.  One in particular stuck out to me, and that was Arnold Air Society.  AAS demanded from me everything needed to help me excel in ROTC. At first, waking up early for the training sessions was not something I enjoyed, but after a couple sessions I realized that I looked forward to it.  Friday nights were spent anticipating what I would be learning the next morning.  It was a long semester but the results were completely worth it.  Teamwork, confidence, and discipline are just a few attributes that I learned during my training, along with gaining a whole bunch of friends.  Arnold Air Society has allowed me to develop closer relationships with GMC and POC that I would otherwise not be able to do.  I would have to say this is my favorite part of being in AAS.  Having people around you to help if you have any problems from schoolwork to ROTC is the best feeling. Even though it was a tough semester, I would do it all over again and I am proud to call myself an Arnie!

Swearing In

Additional Resources

• Leave Your Comment

Your Comments: (please keep it clean!)