Spring Commencement Details
Saint Louis University’s 2015 Commencement Ceremony will be held Saturday, May 16, at Chaifetz Arena, located at 1 S. Compton Ave at 9 a.m. Parks College Pre-commencement (Wings Ceremony) will be held on Friday, May 15, at Chaifetz Arena, located at 1 S. Compton Ave, at 1:30 p.m. with a reception to follow in the Wool Ballroom, located in Busch Student Center, Rooms 170-173. Students will also be celebrated during the annual Baccalaureate Mass at 3:30 p.m. Friday, May 15, in the College Church.
- Students’ individual names will be announced at the pre-commencement ceremonies. Students will be conferred as graduates at Saint Louis University’s Commencement Ceremony, but will not be individually recognized.
- No tickets are required for SLU’s spring Commencement Ceremony, but ALL graduates must RSVP for their pre-commencement ceremony.
- All graduates should arrive at Chaifetz Arena for Parks College Pre-commencement (Wings Ceremony) on Friday, May 15 no later than 12:30 p.m. Graduates MUST robe at Chaifetz Arena. (Learn how to order your cap and gown.) The pre-commencement ceremony lasts approximately an hour-and-a-half.
- All graduates should arrive at Chaifetz Arena for the spring Saint Louis University’s Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 16 no later than 8 a.m. Graduates MUST robe at Chaifetz Arena. (Learn how to order your cap and gown.) The commencement ceremony lasts approximately an hour-and-a-half.
- Diplomas will be mailed to graduates at their permanent address or an address provided to the SLU Registrar. Diplomas will not be available for pickup after the commencement ceremony. For more information, please call (314) 977-2269.
Students must RSVP online for their designated pre-commencement ceremony and reception.
Parking for all pre-commencement and commencement activities are available in both of the University parking garages, one at the corner of Grand Boulevard and Laclede Avenue and the other at the corner of Compton Avenue and Olive Street.
- See our map of commencement activities for further details.
- Chaifetz Arena is handicapped accessible. A drop off area for guests is located on Compton Ave. Click here for parking information.
- A shuttle will be available from the Olive/Compton Garage to Chaifetz Arena via golf carts. Seating is limited.
Graduation Fair is the primary time that caps, gowns and tassels are distributed. Students can purchase their cap and gown or pick up online orders during this event. The Graduation Fair for the spring Commencement has been set as follows:
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, April 9
- 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, April 10
- Noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 11
In addition, representatives are available to assist students with announcements, rings, frames and other graduation-related merchandise. Many University departments also have representatives present to answer questions. If you are unable to attend the Graduation Fair, please call 314-531-7925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Caps and Gown
Caps and gowns are keepsakes and made of a high-quality material. All undergraduate gowns are purchased, not rented. This eliminates the need for separate measuring and pick-up dates and the inconvenience of having to return the unit after commencement. You can place your order online for the bachelor and master regalia from Jan. 12 through March 15. Please contact the Barnes & Noble bookstore at 314-531-7925 to place orders after March 15.
- Honors Cords, Tassels and More
Honors recognition items (cords, tassels, stoles, etc.) are given out by some academic programs, honor societies and student organizations. Contact your academic department or student organizations for more information and to see if you qualify. Please read the University’s policy on academic attire.
Students will receive 10 free, non-personalized invitations when they purchase their cap and gown during the Graduation Fair. Custom personalized announcements may be purchased anytime in the Saint Louis University Barnes & Noble Bookstore, online at www.cbgrad.com or by calling toll-free 800-433-0296.
Class rings are a timeless symbol of your achievements at Saint Louis University. Balfour rings are available in the bookstore at all times, online at Balfour or during the Graduation Fair. You can also order by phone (toll free): 877-BALFOUR.
- Diploma Frames
Diploma frames are available in the bookstore year-round.
- Pre-commencement and commencement ceremonies on DVD are available for purchase through Chaifetz Arena. For more information, please click here.
For Parks College Pre-commencement related questions, please contact Jenn Masiulis, Academic Services Manager, at (314) 977-8225. For all other commencement-related questions, please call Event Services at (314) 977-3728.
Schedule a Visit
We invite you to make an appointment for a personal tour. Our faculty, staff and students would be delighted to show you around and answer your questions. Click here to schedule your appointment today!