Rocket Propulsion Lab Payload Challenge
THE WINNING TEAM
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
You are launching a rocket to a height of more than 10,000 feet. What will you put in it? Create a 60-second pitch telling the judges what you would put in the rocket.
- It must be able to fit within the dimensions of 5 feet tall and 6 inches in diameter.
- The pitch must include what you would put in the rocket and what it does.
- For bonus points, build a small prototype of your payload – it is not required for the pitch but could help push you into the winning spot!
Teams were judged on 3 areas, each on a 1-5 scale:
- Innovation: Is your idea creative, completely new, identifies a unique opportunity?
- Fits Dimensions: Will your idea fit the rocket’s dimensions of 5 feet tall and 6 inches in diameter?
- Pitch: Does your pitch explain what your payload is, what it can do, andwhy you are launching it? Is your pitch creative, organized, and persuasive?
- BONUS: Earn up to 3 bonus points for building a prototype of your idea using the available materials.