Upcycle SLUstainability Challenge
THE WINNING TEAM
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
College campuses create a lot of waste! Help SLU become more sustainable by upcycling some commonly discarded items on campus into a new product that will be useful to a college student. Each team was limited to 4 items.
- Use the building materials available at your table to upcycle those items into a new product that a college student would use in daily life
- Prepare a 60-second pitch about your new product. Include:
- What it is/does
- How it is applicable to a college student
- What 4 original items you upcycled to create it
- Cost of product/ cost benefits of investing in this product
Teams were judged on 3 areas, each on a 1-5 scale:
- Creativity: Is your idea innovative, completely new, out of the box?
- Functionality: Does your product perform a function? Is it useful to a college student?
- Cost: Is your product cost effective? Is it a viable investment?