What’s New in Newslink Challenge
THE WINNING TEAM
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
Innovators can be inspired any time through any medium. In this challenge, your team will search through SLU’s Newslink archives and find one article that inspires a new product idea. You will develop a 90 second pitch covering why this product makes sense given the article’s information. You must support your idea based only on the information provided in the article:
- You must use the title of your article during your pitch.
- You must sketch/display your idea on the paper given.
- You may choose to build a prototype of your design if you feel it will add to your pitch, but it is not required.
- Your pitch will be limited to 90 seconds.
Teams were judged on 3 areas, each on a 1-5 scale:
- Innovation and creativity of the idea
- Applicability / necessity of the product
- Pitch delivery and clarity