Looking to get involved? Parks College has a number of student organizations which allow you connect with fellow students and serve the community.
Interested in joining a student group in a particular area? Look through the list below to find the ones that interest you. If you don’t find an organization that matches your interests, please contact the Student Government Association about setting one up.
If you already belong to an organization and are looking to purchase items for club activities, please fill out and submit one of the funding applications available for download on the forms page.
Alphabetical Listing of Student Organizations
- Aero Society of Automotive Engineers (ASAE): A student organization that designs, builds, and flies their remote controlled aircrafts in an annual competition.
- Air Force ROTC (AFROTC) - Detachment 207: A leadership training program which prepares young men and women to become officers in the United States Air Force while earning a bachelors degree.
- Alpha Eta Rho Pi Chapter (AHP): An international professional aviation fraternity.
- American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA): The Parks College chapter seeks to educate and excite students about Aerospace Engineering and Science and to promote fellowship among students interested in Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE): A distinguished organization representing the civil engineering profession.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME): An organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing and skill development across all engineering disciplines.
- Association of Parks College Students (APCS): An organization that represents each Parks College organization, as well as every Parks College student, to the Student Government Association of Saint Louis University (SGA).
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES): The professional society for biomedical engineering and bioengineering.
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB): An organization that uses engineering as a way to help improve the lives of those living in third-world countries.
- Flying Billikens: Official Saint Louis University Flight Team who compete in the National Intercollegiate Flying Association (NIFA).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): An organization dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence.
- Parks Guard Rifle Drill Team: A Varsity “Class A” Rifle Drill Team.
- Parks Racing Club (FSAE): A student club that designs a race car that is part of the FSAE competition where collegiate teams design and build open-wheeled racecars.
- Rocketry Club (SLU Rocketry): A student club that designs, builds, tests, and flies model rockets and their payloads.
- Society of Physics Students (SPS)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) - A professional society which stimulates women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders. SWE also expands the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in the quality of life, and demonstrates the value of diversity.
- Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS): An independent, student-based organization which promotes the exploration and development of space.
- Tau Beta Pi (TBP): The official engineering honor society for Parks College.
- Women in Aviation (WIA): An organization for SLU students, faculty, and staff that have an interest in Aviation and support women being an active part of the industry.