Biomedical Engineering Research Facilities
The Offices and Labs of the Biomedical Engineering Department are located at 3507 Lindell Blvd., directly across the street from McDonnell Douglas Hall. The Biomedical Engineering Building currently includes the following:
Over 2000 sq. ft. of teaching space are available within the biomedical engineering building for laboratories associated with courses or senior project. The laboratory is designed as a combined chemistry and biology laboratory, with equipment such as chemical fume hood, biological safety cabinet, pH meter, centrifuge, UV and fluorescence spectrophotometer and refrigerator/freezer. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Interfacial Biomaterials/Biomechanics Laboratory - Gary Bledsoe, Ph.D.
- Soft Tissue Engineering Laboratory - Silviya Zustiak, Ph.D.
- Tissue Engineering Scaffold Fabrication Laboratory - Scott Sell, Ph.D.
Both processing and imaging facilities are available within the Biomedical Engineering building. Both upright and inverted microscopes have fluorescent capability, z-stage controller and digital imaging (Zeiss Microscopes, Cameras and Axiovision Software). In addition, processing facilities include a cryomicrotome, critical point dryer and sputter coater.
A confocal microscope has been funded and a facility set up in Macelwane Hall. Please contact Dr. Susan Spencer or further information about use.
Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
An AFM has been purchased via funds through the National Science Foundation in 2006 and maintenance is funded by usage fees. The AFM has a variety of capabilities and is available alongside an inverted, fluorescent microscope. Please contact Gabriela Espinosa for further information about use.
Tissue Culture Facility
Facilities within the Biomedical Engineering building have BSL 1 or 2 designations and include biological safety cabinets, centrifuges, incubators, -80 freezer, autoclave, dishwasher and icemaker.
- Student Research - learn more about student research opportunities at Parks College
- Faculty Publications - discover how our electrical and computer engineering faculty are adding their voices and expertise to related industries.
- Research Centers, Labs and Facilities - examine our facilities that rival major universities.
Schedule a Visit
We invite you to make an appointment for a personal tour. Our faculty, staff and students would be delighted to show you around and answer your questions. Click here to schedule your appointment today!