Physics Program Objectives and Outcomes
Physics Program Objectives
The Physics program prepares its graduates:
- To be ready to enter and complete programs of graduate study in physics and related disciplines as well as in medical and law school.
- To perform as qualified professionals in a broad range of careers requiring scientific and technical knowledge.
- To be aware of their societal responsibilities as ethical and socially conscious individuals in their profession.
Physics Educational Outcomes
- a firm understanding of the principles of physics and the ability to apply these principles to problems of both fundamental and practical interest.
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- the thinking skills and ability to identify, formulate, and solve technical problems.
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- an understanding and respect for various cultures, and a sense of social responsibility.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- an ability to communicate effectively and professionally in oral and written formats.
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of science in a global, economic,environmental, and social context.
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- a knowledge of contemporary issues.