Introduction to Engineering Camp
July 10 - 14, 2017
Applications are due April 30, 2017.
Full and partial scholarships to be used toward camp tuition will be awarded in 2017. Scholarships will be based on academic merit and financial need.
High school students who will be entering the 9th and 10th grades in Fall 2017 are eligible. Space is limited to 40 students.
About the Academy
- Monday, July 10 – Friday, July 14, 2017
Day camp only; overnight housing is not provided for this program.
Rising high school freshmen and sophomores participate in the five-day camp to explore the various fields of engineering.
During the camp, Parks College engineering students will guide participants through hands-on activities in:
- aerospace and mechanical engineering
- biomedical engineering
- computer and electrical engineering
- civil engineering
- innovation and entrepreneurship in engineering
Students will also hear from guest speakers who are engineers and researchers working in the field, take an off-campus field trip to a site in the engineering industry, compete in engineering-based challenges and explore Saint Louis University.
This camp meets in McDonnell Douglas Hall (3450 Lindell Blvd.). The daily schedule is as follows:
8:30 – 9 a.m. – Check-in
9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Engineering programs
12 – 1 p.m. – Lunch break on campus (meal included in camp tuition)
1 – 5 p.m. – Engineering programs
5 – 5:30 p.m. – Check-out
Tuition for the Introduction to Engineering Camp is $400.
- We will not ask for the payment until all applications have been received and invitations to register have been sent out in May 2017.
- Scholarships are available based on academic merit and financial aid. Please submit the scholarship application in order to be considered.
- Tuition covers all materials and activities, daily lunch and snacks, and the field trip during the camp.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 314-977-8443 for more information.
THANK YOU TO OUR INTRODUCTION TO ENGINEERING CAMP SPONSORS