Robotics Summer Academy
June 19 – 23, 2017
Applications and supporting materials are due March 31, 2017.
Full and partial scholarships to be used toward the Summer Academy tuition will be awarded in 2017. Scholarships will be based on financial need and merit.
High school students who will be entering grades 9-12 in Fall 2017 are eligible. Space is limited to 20 students.
About the Academy
- Monday, June 19 – Friday, June 23, 2017
- Day camp only; overnight housing is not provided for the Robotics Summer Academy
During the 2017 Robotics Summer Academy, students will be introduced to the exciting area of robotics and its numerous applications. Students will work in teams to build their own robots using the Arduino platform with Vex EDR and custom hardware, through which they will learn to design and fabricate robot parts in the mechanical, electrical and computer engineering domains. The robots will be designed to navigate an intelligent road system. Students will participate in friendly competition with their robots and will be allowed to take them home at the end of the week.
This camp meets in McDonnell Douglas Hall (3450 Lindell Blvd).
Daily schedule is:
- 8:30 a.m. –12 p.m. – Formal programming
- 12–1 p.m. – Lunch
- 1–4:30 p.m. – Formal programming
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. – Open design time and check out
Tuition for the Robotics Summer Academy is $650.
- We will not ask for the payment until acceptance decisions have been made in April 2017.
- Scholarships are available based on financial need and merit. Please submit the scholarship application in order to be considered.
- Tuition covers daily lunch during the academy as well as all activities and materials, including the robot each student builds (valued at approximately $250) and takes home with them at the end of the week.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Rimmerman at email@example.com or 314-977-8443 for more information.
THANK YOU TO OUR ROBOTICS SUMMER ACADEMY SPONSORS
Like & Follow Parks College
Schedule a Visit
We invite you to make an appointment for a personal tour. Our faculty, staff and students would be delighted to show you around and answer your questions. Click here to schedule your appointment today!