St. Louis Transportation Institute
About the Institute
Rising high schoolers entering grades 10–12 participate in these FREE five-day sessions and learn about land, air, and water transportation and engineering in a fun, inspiring environment. This year, the Institute will be held on the following dates:
- June 12–16, 2017, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- June 19–23, 2017, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
The program curriculum will consist of class lectures, hands-on activities and design competitions, lectures by guest speakers, and field trips to transportation facilities. Participants will have the opportunity to meet with professors, graduate students, and industry experts.
- Click here to read the curriculum of a previous Summer Transportation Institute.
- Click here to see pictures from previous Summer Transportation Institutes and read student and parent testimonials.
- Click here to see 2017 Summer Transportation Institute flyer.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student entering grades 10–12 for the 2017–2018 school year
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have completed algebra or qualify for enrollment in the upcoming school term
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor
- Submit an essay (maximum 350 words) explaining why you want to participate in the St. Louis Summer Transportation Institute
FREE if selected; scholarship will cover lunch, activities, materials, and field trips.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee a place at the Summer Transportation Institute. A committee will review all the applications and admit applicants by reviewing student application packages and the number of available seats.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The recommendation letter must be received by mail by May 28, 2017. Alternatively, applicants can scan the recommendation letter and submit it online. A submission link is included on the online application page for uploading the recommendation letter.
- Look for an email from us on June 1, 2017. We will communicate our decision to you via email. Please make sure you provide a correct email address.
- Admitted applicants should confirm their participation in the camp by 5 p.m. on June 6, 2017.
- A transcript is not required when the application is submitted; however, we reserve the right to request a transcript on a case-by-case basis.
- The camp starts at 9 a.m., and the camp counselors will be on site beginning at 8:30 a.m. to check on the students. The McDonnell Douglas Hall (MDD) doors open at 7 a.m.
- The camp ends at 4:30 p.m. Counselors will be on site until 5:00 p.m.
- Lunch is provided to the students at no cost.
- February 1, 2017: The application website opens.
- May 28, 2017: The application deadline is 5 p.m.
- June 1, 2017: Application decisions will be communicated via email to students/parents/guardians.
- June 6, 2017: Applicants who are admitted to the camp should confirm their participation by 5 p.m.
Submit an online application
Online applications are preferred; however, mailed applications are also accepted. Please click here to download the mail-in application form. Application packages that arrive after May 28, 2017, will not be reviewed. Please submit your application, essay, and letter of recommendation by mail to:
Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
ATTN: Summer Transportation Inst.
3450 Lindell Blvd, Rm 1033
St. Louis, MO 63103
Questions and additional information
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Rimmerman at 314-977-8443 or email@example.com. Please include “Summer Transportation Institute” in the subject line.
Schedule a Visit
We invite you to make an appointment for a personal tour. Our faculty, staff and students would be delighted to show you around and answer your questions. Click here to schedule your appointment today!