Dr. Yablonsky Receives an Honorary Doctorate
April 26, 2010
Parks College News
Dr. Gregoriy Yablonsky (pictured on the far right) received a honorary doctorate from the University of Ghent, Belgium in March 2010. He is an Associate Research Professor of Chemistry, serving as a faculty member for Parks College and the Department of Arts and Sciences.
Dr. Yablonsky’s research interests include: heterogeneous catalysis, kinetics of complex chemical reactions mathematical modeling of chemical reactors and technological processes and the history and methodology of science.
Others receiving honorary doctorate in March 2010 included:
- Politician, Guy Verhofstadt
- Former UNAIDS Director, Peter Piot
- Professor Meinrat O. Andreae (Germany) - Max Planck Institute for Chemistry
- Professor Luc Soete (Belgium/the Netherlands), director UNU-MERIT
- Professor Ray Dolan (Ireland) - University College London
- Ai Weiwei (China)