Scholarship Deadline Fast Approaching for Aviation and Aerospace Students
October 11, 2010
Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Aviation Science
The ISTAT Foundation is actively engaged in helping young people develop potential careers in aviation by offering scholarships of up to $10,000 directly to college-level students who are academically qualified and in need of financial support to complete their studies. The program is administered by the Scholarship Committee of the ISTAT Foundation Board of Trustees in conjunction with accredited colleges who recommend qualified students.
- Completed at least two years of college. Graduate students will be considered.
- Expected graduation date of spring semester 2011 or later.
- Grade Point Scholastic Average - 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Only students majoring in aviation management, aeronautical sciences, aeronautical engineering, flight major, airport management, air traffic control, aviation computer sciences, aviation maintenance, aviation law, aviation lease/ finance or related field may apply. Priority will be given to those students studying aviation management, aviation economics, aviation law or aviation lease/ finance.
- Evidence of personal plans and goals in an aviation career and within the aviation community.
- Applicant need not be a U.S. Citizen to apply.
- Demonstrated involvement in extra-curricular/community activities indicating leadership qualities.
The program begins annually in the fall. The ISTAT Foundation Scholarship committee accepts only one (1) application per school per year.
Submit applications to the Aviation Science Department office by noon on October 14.
Download ISTAT-Foundation-Scholarship-Application-2010 and ISTAT-Foundation-Scholarship-Financial-Aid-Form-2010. Fill out forms and return to aviation science department.