The Center for Aviation Safety Research offers a variety of customizable corporate training and education
Corporate Training and Education
The Center for Aviation Safety Research has extensive experience in the areas of quality and safety, offering organizations customized training solutions tailored to their specific needs. Our training solutions not only ensure long-term safety and quality management gains for your company, but also leverage these management strategies to improve financial performance. The CASR staff and faculty have extensive experience working with a variety of global aviation service providers, including airlines, business aviation operations, maintenance repair organizations, and regulators.
CASR, in partnership with our School of Professional Studies, can deliver training solutions via classroom, online, or live webcasts. The School of Professional Studies offers a variety of existing programs and specializes in tailored training developed around the specific needs of your company.
Safety Assessment and Training Programs
The following provides an outline of safety assessment and training programs provided by the Center for Aviation Safety Research. The safety assessment and training is conducted in distinct phases with specific tasks and outcomes to conform to academic and industry assessment practices. These programs assist aviation organizations in assessing organizational safety culture and meeting the Safety Management System requirements of ICAO and the FAA. Ultimately, these programs help develop an organization’s ability to assess organizational safety, develop interventions that improve organizational safety, which help improve the financial performance of the organization.
Examples of Program Offerings
Safety Culture Assessment:
The Safety Culture Assessment is a comprehensive review of four components of the organization: safety values, safety strategies, safety climate and safety performance. This analysis provides organizations the following results:
- Intra-organizational comparison of safety culture in order to identify best-case practices within the organization;
- Inter-organizational comparison (other organizations are not identified) of safety culture metrics with other aviation organizations (i.e. other air carriers, MRO’s, government); and
- Strategies for continuous improvement in safety culture
SMS Lite Program:
The SMS Lite Program provides training that explains the purpose and benefits of SMS, ICAO and FAA regulatory requirements, and the details of each aspect of an SMS Program. Additionally, this program goes beyond the SMS fundamentals by introducing basic SMS development and implementation techniques as well as an introduction to organizational assessment concepts.
SMS Plus Program:
The SMS Plus Program offers all of the services of the SMS Lite Program but consists of recurrent training sessions conducted annually over a three period. This extended service period provides your organization greater SMS implementation guidance and ongoing SMS training.
The SMS Plus Program includes the Customer Service Support Package during the three-year service period. Also included, the Center for Aviation Safety Research will provide electronic copies of all training materials utilized and grant the organization permission to use the training materials for internal, non-revenue training.
SMS Advantage Program:
This program provides organizations with the optimal SMS solution. The SMS Advantage Program not only includes all the services of the SMS Plus Program and the Safety Culture Assessment, but it also creates a customized SMS program that is an integral part your organization. The SMS Advantage Program provides a detailed assessment of the organization and creates a training solution that is tailored to the organization. Consequently, the SMS program is more sustainable, achieves greater results, and provides greater Safety Culture development. The SMS Advantage Program presents training that empowers employees with valuable safety assessment skills which leads to better risk identification and risk management, resulting in improved financial performance.
The SMS Advantage Program includes the Customer Service Support Package during the three-year service period. Also included, Saint Louis University will provide electronic copies of all training materials utilized and grant the organization permission to use the training materials for internal, non-revenue training.
Summary of Key Advantages: What are you getting for your investment?
- Extensive experience in corporate safety assessment across flight and maintenance domains;
- Customized, culturally-sensitive training program specifically designed for the organization;
- The organization will have permission to freely use the training materials for internal, non-revenue training;
- Potential for multi-year assessment of safety culture via periodic surveys;
- Post-training support to safety managers to assist in data collection and analysis;
- Benchmarking of the organization safety data against a sample of U.S. air carrier performance on similar metrics;
- Participants in the safety training program will receive credit toward a Master of Science in Aviation, if they individually choose to pursue SLU’s online master’s degree in aviation;
- Access to leading researchers in the field of aviation safety.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 314-977-8530.